Creating Everyone's Schools: 26-27th April 2018
April 26th and 27th 2018
Neighbourhood schools are the heart of our communities.
Inclusive education is about how we develop and design our schools, classrooms, programmes and activities so that all students learn and participate together in their local environment.
Creating Everyone’s School invites you – teachers, learning support staff, caregivers, family members – to explore inclusive education in a real school setting. Contribute your own ideas and learn new strategies to improve and expand your practice. See value in your children and yourself. Be an informed advocate for inclusion and a champion for equity.
Participants will learn how to:
- Develop individual strengths and gifts, as well as high and appropriate expectations for each child.
- Work on individual goals ensuring participation in the life of the classroom and with other students.
- Involve parents in their child’s education and in the activities of their school.
- Foster a school culture of respect and belonging.
- Facilitate friendships between children, each with their own individual needs and abilities.
- Positively affect both their school and community to appreciate diversity and inclusion on a broader level.
- Ensure the right of all children to play, grow and learn together.
- The topics of the hands-on workshops will include:
Universal design for learning and teaching strategies for diverse classrooms.
- Working with educational supports, such as those offered by the ministry, therapists and specialists.
- The role and value of teaching assistants.
- Developing and running child-centred Individual Education Plans.
- Understanding and managing anxiety for children.
- The inclusive mandate in the 8th principle of the NZ Curriculum and the UN Conventions on the rights to inclusive education.
Keynote speakers: Roger Slee and Olive Webb
Key Sponsors COG's and IHC
Comments (0) Permalink
Early-bird tickets on sale now: Creating Everyone’s School: April 26th and 27th 2018
Neighbourhood schools are the heart of our communities. Inclusive education is about how we develop and design our schools, classrooms, programmes and activities so that all students learn and participate together in their local environment. Find out more here: http://www.ieag.org.nz/2018/4/creating-everyones-schools
Save now by purchasing early-bird tickets ($300) which are available until the 26th March 2018.
General tickets ($400) will be available after this date until the 25 April 2018.
Comments (0) Permalink